Sunday, June 10, 2012

Flowers and red -- for 2 challenges

I made this card on a hot Sunday afternoon, sitting in my cool, cool basement.  I almost needed to put a sweatshirt on, even though it's 91 degrees in Northwest Wisconsin this afternoon.  I'm going to enter it in the Ippity Challenge -- using the color red, and in the Chick Challenge.  The Chick Challenge uses this sketch:


I gotta tell ya, I struggled with this one. There just didn't seem to be much you could do with it, besides a few flowers and a sentiment.  So, I made a few flowers and stamped a sentiment!


I have 4 Copic sketch markers (yes, 4!) that I recently got in a grab bag.  I had never broken them out before, because really, what do you do with 4 markers that don't blend well together?  Well, you make flowers and flower pots, of course.  So, I am no longer a Copic virgin.  The markers have been initiated.

I used stamps from a grab bag I won from Friends With Flair (thanks, Unity!) and the Aug. 2011 Kit of the Month.  Tulip cardstock is CTMH.  The patterned papers, though hard to see in this picture, are Studio Calico Classic Calico 6x6 pad. The flowers and pots were stamped in Memento ink before I used the copic markers, as was the sentiment.

2 comments:

  1. you did a great job!! thanks for playing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely! So glad you joined in at the Unity Opportunity Challenge!
    ~JenMarie Taylor, {ippity} Chick

    ReplyDelete