Friday, June 15, 2012

Friday again! and it's time for Friends With Flair

It's Friday, it's Friday!  Time for Friends with Flair! I promised to have a card that I was happier to show to everyone this week, so I took a little more time with this one, and made lots of layers.  I used the sketch from this month's Kit of the Month sketch challenge, which looks like this:


This was a really fun sketch to work with.  It seemed like there were many possibilities, and many ways I could have gone with the sketch.  This is what I did with it:


And here's a closeup of the stamped image.


I used October Afternoon Sidewalks papers, Lawn Fawn trimmings, a button from my stash, Memento and Close To My Heart inks, and the April 2011 Kit of the Month.  I'm going to enter this in the June Kit of the Month challenge, also.

I have a card in the previous post where I used Copic markers for the first time -- all 4 of them in my collection.  I'm looking for any info I can find about Copics, and I know many of you use them.  I would love it if you would leave me anything you feel is important in my comments section -- where you buy them, paper to use with them, ink to use, how you know which markers to buy, all that good stuff.  I would SO appreciate it!!!

17 comments:

  1. Nice combination of colors Julie. They look very cool together. NIce card. Thanks for the Friday inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! The color combination is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute, great combination of stamps and papers. Love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love OA papers- so bright and colorful. Great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the patterns and colors you chose for the card layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your take on the sketch!! The papers are so gorgeous!! Glad that you are starting your copics collection. I'm not sure of the best place to buy them in US, but I think there are some suggestions at Splitcoaststampers. I used Neenah Solar White cardstock most of the time. I find it works best. The X-press It blending cardstock is a good choice too. I find the inkpad which works best for Copics colouring is Memento. For videos and markers to buy, this might be helpful http://www.scrapbitz-tutorialsandtemplates.blogspot.com/
    After buying almost 300 markers, I find it best to select colours you love most (1 or 2 numbers apart) in its colour family. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is beautiful! I love all the papers and the bird stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is so very sweet! I love the homey look of those OA papers. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty card! I LOVE how all the papers work together. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the papers and the sketch

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card. Nice take on the sketch. It looks Kary gave you some good advice on copics. Another option is to search youtube for copic coloring vidoes. There are so many wonderful tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great take on the sketch! Love the mix of patterned papers and the sweet image.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful card, I love those papers! When it comes to Copics I only use Memento dye ink. I've tried many inks and that's the only one that doesn't bleed for me. Have fun playing, that's what it's all about!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I love your card!
    Copics... I'm taking Class 1 at Color Me Creative by Suzanne J Dean... I've only watched the first 7 videos in class 1 and am so pleased with what I've learned! http://scrapbitzcopics.ning.com/page/class-infopricing

    ReplyDelete