Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A sleigh full of New Year's Blessings - for The Cutting Cafe

Happy New Year, everyone!  Here were are on the last day of 2013.  I'll be spending it with my nursing home family.  It's a regular work day for me, then we have a huge New Year's Eve party this evening.  I always tell the residents I'll party as long and as late as they want to.  We start at 6:30pm.  The latest we've ever partied is 8pm.  Party animals, for sure!  But we have great accordion music, bubbly, lots of refreshments (including shrimp, pickled herring, cheese & crackers), party hats and noise makers, and LOTS of door prizes for the attendees.  Great fun!
And now, for my last Cutting Café project of this term.  I'm back for a second term, so there'll be another project next week.
This week was a free week.  I searched and searched the various SVG stores for the perfect sleigh.  The first one I tried was so difficult to glue, it went straight into the waste basket.  It looked kind of like a rickshaw.  The second one was adorable, but so small, it would only hold one chocolate kiss.  Then, I found this, at The Cutting Café.

There, I found it!  The perfect treat box sleigh!  It holds a small bag of Hershey's kisses (or other delights) wonderfully. It's sturdy, and easy to assemble.  Plus, it's a joy to embellish.
Here's the other side:

I used Echo Park designer papers on this box.  All card stock is Close To My Heart.  The 3/4 inch fabric buttons are from Pinque Peacock.  The black crinkle ribbon is 3 Girl JAM, and so is the muslin bag.
I may be done with holiday projects for this year, but I'll definitely be making this again in the future!  It is one of my favorite cutting files EVER!
Happy New Year, everyone! May it be a healthy, crafty one.



6 comments:

  1. adorable sleigh. Cute bag and fun papers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your patience paid off, Julie! This is the perfect sleigh! I love reading your stories about your work at the nursing home. I wish there were more people with your enthusiasm doing this kind of work. So many people are lonely and sad and having someone like you must just make their day! Party on my friend and may your blessings be abundant in 2014!! (my first post comment didn't show up…hope this isn't a repeat!, darn blogger!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable Julie!
    Awesome job!
    Wishing you a Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing!! I love it!!! Happy New Year to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey lady, this is truly awesome...love love love it....looking forward to working with you i the new year...big hugs

    ReplyDelete