Wednesday, April 6, 2016

For You -- and Coloring Without Boundaries

I'm posting today for Coloring Without Boundaries, showcasing a beautiful Lacy Sunshine digi by Heather Valentin.   I have a step-by-step guide of how I colored her skin in this image, if you are interested.









 Here's how I colored her skin.  I wanted it to be in shadow, as she is under an umbrella.  I used E000, E11, E00, E13, R20 (for blush), and R21 (on lips).

I start with a base coat of E000 to dampen the paper.

I then switch to my darkest color.  In this case, it's E13

Next, I add E11

Then, E00 -- I use quite a bit of this, to do more blending:



Here's the skin, completely blended, blush and lips done, too:

Other colors used:
Hair -- Y00, Y21, Y32, E53
Umbrella -- RV11, RV32, RV34, E04
Dress -- BG70, BG72, BG75, BG78, RV91, RV93, RV95, RV99
(shoes are the same RV combination)
Puddle -- BG10, BG11, C01
Zig Wink of Stella



I cut the card out on my Silhouette Cameo with a file from The Cutting Cafe -- Assorted Card Folds.   Papers are digital, and were found Snap Click Supply.  They are Prima Indeed papers.  Dies used on the card are from Die-namics.  The sentiment is a clear acrylic stamp from Close To My Heart. 

The Coloring Without Boundaries blog is a great resource for wonderful coloring tutorials and tips.  Check it out often!   Join the Coloring Without Boundaries Facebook group, too, for more great inspiration. 

I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:
House of Cards -- color challenge
IDCB -- ATG
Let's Color -- Linky Party 6
Not Just Cards -- ATG




5 comments:

  1. A stunning card! Thanks so much for linking to HOC this month, Jo x HOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous image and beautifully designed card!
    Thank you so much for playing along in my Let's Color Linky Party! Hope you come join in again, a new linky will be posted tomorrow/Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, she is GORGEOUS! Your coloring is absolutely stunning! Thank you so much for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely coloring. Thanks for playing along with our challenge at House of Cards
    Ma (✿*‿*) HOC DT
    http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

    ReplyDelete