Monday, June 6, 2016

Reading is Dreaming with Open Eyes -- for Path of Positivity

A new challenge is starting today on the Path of Positivity Challenge Blog.    The challenge is a month long, and the theme is 'Achievement'. 

We have two awesome sponsors this month -- 






For today, I am working with the delightful 'Book Worm' digi from Robyn's Fetish.


I colored Book Worm with Copic markers.  I believe that worm might be reciting a poem by Longfellow! The sentiment, "Reading is dreaming with open eyes." -- can be found at Pixel Scrapper. It's  Part of the Fine Print Word Art by Marissa Lerin.

I cut the easel card out on my Silhouette Cameo, with a file I found in the Silhouette Design Store. Papers for this card were also found at Pixel Scrapper. They are Spread Your Wings papers from Sharon Dewi-Stolp.  Brads and sequins are from Close To My Heart.

I think one of the biggest achievements, and most rewarding ones, that we accomplish in life is learning to read.  Children with a solid reading base go far in life.  Plus, the ability to get lost in a good book is such a gift!  I thank all the people in life that gave me my joy of books and words -- teachers, parents, and grandparents.  

I hope you share your achievements with us this month at the Path of Positivity Challenge Blog.  I'd love to read your stories and see what you create!

1 comment: