Friday, June 16, 2017

Congrats Giraffe -- for QKR Stampede

Friday, Yes!  That means it's time for a new challenge on the QKR Stampede blog.  This week's optional theme is Quilting or Stitching (faux or real).

A friend of mine recently had a baby, and I'm invited to her baby shower next week.  I needed a baby card to take with me, so I created this.  I think it will work for both the shower, and the stitching challenge at QKR Stampede:



I got out my colored pencils to see what I could do with that giraffe.  I'm not overly thrilled.  He's not quite as bright as I would like, but it'll do.  The adorable giraffe stamped image is a digi stamp from Eureka Stamps, the sister company of QKR Stampede. It's ES-digi40002 Giraffe and Baby.  The Congratulations stamp, also from Eureka stamps, is ES-digi25404.  I created the 'stitching' around both the giraffe and sentiment using a black marker.

The giraffe print designer papers on this card are digital papers from Imagine That! Digistamp. Aren't they fun?!?  I cut the sun out on my Silhouette Cameo from a pattern I found in the Silhouette Design Store. 

Stop by the QKR Stampede blog to see the other quilting and stitching projects from the team and to enter this week's Quilting or Stitching Challenge (real or faux). The theme is optional.  You can enter anything you'd like.  You have all week!

3 comments:

  1. I love the adorable giraffe! So SUPER cute!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very cute card and I like the faux stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, those are the perfect papers (hehe know where those are from) for that image). I'm sure she will love the card.

    ReplyDelete